VA Caregiver Support Resources
- Locate your local Caregiver Support Staff: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/supportNew_CSC_Page.asp
- Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274
Building Better Caregivers – https://va.buildingbettercaregivers.org
- Online workshop with 6 weekly self-paced lessons, facilitator guidance, group support and access to an alumni community for program graduates.
Coaching into Care: Call 1-888-823-7458
- Coaching Into Care is a free service for people who are concerned about the Veterans in their lives. Licensed psychologists and social workers offer advice for starting the conversation with a Veteran about their mental health and motivating them to seek treatment if it’s needed.
Vet Centers: Call 1-877-WAR-VETS
- Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families.
VA Welcome Kit and Quick Start Guide for Caregivers: https://www.va.gov/welcome-kit/
VA.GOV: Access and manage your VA benefits and health care, including education and records www.va.gov.
MyVA411: Dial 1-855-948-2311 (1-800-MyVA411). Callers have the option of pressing 0 to be immediately connected with a customer service agent to answer questions.
- Agents assist with facility locator: https://www.va.gov/find-locations/.
Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone. Send a text message to 838255 to connect with a VA responder. Start a confidential online chat session at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.
- For additional mental health resources visit, https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention/resources.asp.
#VetResources: VA newsletter reaching more than 11 million Veterans, families, caregivers and survivors. Resources, tools and tips for VA and community resources. Subscribe at https://www.va.gov/vetresources/.
- For the latest VA updates on coronavirus and commonsense tips on preventing its spread, visit https://www.va.gov/coronavirus.
- For more information about coronavirus, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- COVID Quick Start Guide: https://www.va.gov/covid-19-links-and-resources.pdf.
- FAQs: https://www.va.gov/coronavirus-veteran-frequently-asked-questions/.
Department of Defense Caregiver Support Directory lists national resources and programs that assist military caregivers, including helplines, training, caregiver support programs, financial support, and support for children’s needs. The directory is a free resource available for download. The DoD also offers peer forums and discussion groups for caregivers.
Department of Health and Human Services, Administration of Community Living (HHS ACL): https://acl.gov/.
Community Veteran Caregiver Resources
American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network (MVCN)
Elizabeth Dole Foundation
Respite Relief – Hidden Heroes
Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
AARP Resources for Caregivers and their Families
The Independence Fund
Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving (RCI)
Yellow Ribbon Fund
Semper Fi Fund
Wounded Warrior Family Support
Military One Source
Unspoken Heroes Program
Hearts of Valor
Blue Star Families
Caregiver Action Network
VA will continue to support our families and caregivers and share resources from VA and the community.
The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products and services on the part of VA.